I run. Mac’s List is an online community that helps people find work that matters.
2: What is your biggest life lesson?
The importance of service to others. When you give to others without expectation you help make the world better and you get so much in return.
3: What is your biggest achievement?
Connecting others to help change happen.
4: What is currently the most challenging part of running your business?
Finding and keeping great people.
5: What was the biggest hurdle you had to overcome to get where you are now?
Learning the skills I needed to succeed.
6: What is your favorite book?
In Patagonia by Bruce Chatwin.
7: If you could have anyone educate you who would it be?
FDR on politics.
8: What is your deepest regret?
No getting started sooner.
9: What is your favorite podcast?
So many to choose from. I enjoyed shows about careers, music and history.
10: How people can get in contact with you?
Visit Mac's List
Listen to the Find Your Dream Job podcast
Get a free chapter of Land Your Dream Job Anywhere
11: What is your YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts?
12: Who inspires you on social media and why?
The people who post fun and useful content consistently. They think about their readers and show up.
13: What is your favorite tech tool that you use in the your business?
14: How would you help people with disabilities?
Start by asking them what they need and listen.
15: What is the hardest part of your job that you have to face everyday?
Staying focused on our big goals.
Are there certain questions that you want Win to ask you?
- How to hack the “hidden job market” - 80% of all jobs are never publicly advertised. But there are ways to access this treasure trove of the best work opportunities.
- Why does the hidden job market exist?
- What kind of tactics help jobseekers break into the hidden job market?
- You say that that hacking the hidden job market leads to less frustrating, win-win job search. What do you mean by that?
- How To Get Ahead Through Networking - Building strong professional relationships is the number one way to advance your career and find meaningful work. Unfortunately, it’s also the one thing that few people do well.
- How does networking lead to a job?
- How for you find the right networking opportunities?
- How can introverts network?
- What should you be doing to make the most of your networking opportunities?
- The Art of the Informational Interview - Connecting with established professionals in brief networking meetings can fast-track your job search. Learn how to arrange, manage, and make the most of an informational interview.
- Will other professionals really sacrifice their time to meet with jobseekers? Why?
- Isn’t it awkward when what you really want from the person you are interviewing is a job?